Mounting USB in Virtualbox – Ubuntu
- Mount a USB drive (pen drive) may not work if you are using the Virtualbox you have installed from ‘Ubuntu Software Center’.
- Download the installer from https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
- Open the installer file and install from ‘Ubuntu Software Center’ (which will automatically open)
- Create a virtual machine
- Choose the virtual machine and click on settings. You will get an error message
- It’s asking you to enter the current logged on user to the group ‘vboxusers’
- You can do this using gui or commandline
- Using Commandline:
sudo useradd -G vboxusers username
- Using GUI: Open ‘Users and Groups’. If you don’t find that application, then install it from ‘Ubuntu Software Center’. It should be easy to add the user to the group from there.
- Logout and login again and it should work fine now!
Posted on January 29, 2013, in Linux, Ubuntu. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.